Home About Me Freebies My Shop

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Currently December

It's that time again...Currently December with Oh' Boy 4th Grade!

 
 
{Listening} I love watching inspirational shows, and I know that the contestants on The Biggest Loser work out way more than the average person, but it helps to get me motivated.  If they can do it, I can find 30 minutes or an hour to exercise!!!
 
{Loving} We've only been in school twelve weeks and my students have made some amazing progress!  I sat down with a student yesterday, who a month ago only knew 1 letter, and today she knew 8.  Being a preschool teacher, and not isolating a letter a week, I often wonder if my students are learning and they always find a way to surprise me and make me proud.  I can't wait to share their progress with their parents next week at parent/teacher conferences.
 
{Thinking} I am counting down the days until Christmas break for two reasons:  1) It just doesn't feel like there are many more days of teaching left.  After January, it seems like the end of the school year comes up fast, and things always come up to take away valuable teaching time.  2) It is also Christmas break, and I only have a few days left before the word "Christmas" is the only word spoken in my class, and focus is short-lived!
 
{Wanting} I need to find a day planner that works for both school and work to better organize all of the things I have going on in my life.  Once I became a mother, not only is just about every thought I have fleeting, but I have more priorities in my life, more appointments, music & movement class for little ones, church activities, and I have to schedule my workouts or they just don't happen!  If you have a planner that works for you, I'd love to hear about it. :)
 
{Needing} See thinking...I just need more days with my students!
 
{Favorite tradition} Every year, my mother-in-law has a cookie party.  She collects $2 from every person that comes to pay for cookies and frosting.  She spends the week before making dough, baking cookies, and making frosting.  Then, we bring a $10-$15 gift to pass for everyone that wants to participate.  We spend the evening enjoying each other's company while we decorate gingerbread, sugar & spice, and sugar cookies.  After the cookies are decorated, we take 2-3 dozen home to share with our families.  It's something I look forward to every year and I am thankful for the tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment