Home About Me Freebies My Shop

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Five for Friday

Boy, has it been one whirlwind of a week, so I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their Five for Friday a little late.


{One}  Reading all of your teaching blogs about the activities you're doing with your kids is making me itch to start school.  Although, I'm also hyperventilating a little bit because school doesn't start for preschool for another three weeks and I feel like I have so much left to do!


{Two}  My preschool classroom just expanded into an all day program and they hired a new teacher last week!  This week has been spent finding furniture for her classroom, and after I got my room decorated, and everything just where I wanted it, I had to tear it all apart again to give her half of the supplies and manipulatives.  Then I spent some much needed hours yesterday back in my classroom to make labels for my cupboards so I don't have to spend months trying to remember where everything is!

I asked her what her classroom theme was going to be, since it's all about creating a theme these days, and she said she had never done one before.  The next day she came in and said she was inspired by this tree and the colors of the leaves...


This reminded me that I have a tree I plan to make in my room, similar to Deanna Jump's tree to coordinate with my Jungle theme.

{Three}  I realized this week that I didn't have any name tags for the kiddos, and I had two choices...buy some or make some.  Though I would love to create my own, I don't have the time with the frenzy going on in my program right now, so I decided to find some on TpT (mind you, the closest teacher store is an hour away or I would have went to buy them).  I found Jungle/Zebra themed blank labels from Crystal McGinnis.  They are adorable and they're FREE.  Win win!

{Four}  I missed the $.01 teacher sale at Staples, (Oh no!!!) :( which means I've been hunting searching frantically around for two-pocket paper folders for my students to use as take-home folders.  I ended up buying them at Wal-Mart for $.15 each and paid about $3 more than I would have buying them at Staples, but would have spent more money on gas to go buy them anyway.

{Five}  After typing all of this out, it has really made me realize this has not been my week!  Who knew how eye-opening blogging could be?!  I will be spending today getting some much needed work done around the house because it has been very neglected these past few weeks...or perhaps it will be back to the classroom!

2 comments:

  1. I chuckled when I read how you bought folders at Walmart for 15 cents because I did the exact same thing! I needed take home folders and writing center journals. I got about 38 of each for a little over $10. Yay for Walmart!

    I teach preschool as well! Have a great year!

    Liz at The Froggy Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley..I don't start back until September 4th and I know what you mean about seeing all of these gals back to school already! I am always jealous of them as they are wrapping up their school year when I still have 3 weeks to go so I guess it all evens out! Enjoy what is left of your summer break!
    Lori @
    Bee the Change
    Mrs. Faas’ First Grade

    ReplyDelete