Monday, August 12, 2013
Let's Talk About Me Monday!
Hi all! I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' as a part of their Teacher Week '13. Here are 10 wildly wonderful things about me:
1. I teach in a small town of around 3,000 people located in the thumb of Michigan. If you hold up your hand, point to the middle of your thumb, that's me! (How many of you just tried that? Haha!)
2. I have an obsession with animal print...it just keeps coming back into my life! I had a jungle themed bedroom when I was in high school, and now I have a jungle themed classroom that I absolutely love!
3. I have been married for 3 years this year. My husband, Trevor, and I just had our anniversary on the 6th of this month, but we have been in a relationship for 10 years this year.
4. Just about every room in my house is painted some form of blue. It's my favorite color...what can I say?
5. I have two cats and a dog. I am definitely an animal person! I almost went into a science field working with animals --- marine biology, veterinarian, zoology were some of the careers I was considering before I considered teaching.
6. This is my last year of graduate school before I receive my master's degree in Early Childhood teaching. I am also in the process of receiving my ECSE endorsement.
7. I love watching period films and TV shows about history! Pride and Prejudice is the first one that comes to mind, along with The Tudors. There's something fascinating about the story of King Henry VIII, his many wives, and his children.
8. Along that note, if I could travel anywhere in the world it would be Scotland.
9. I love to play games. Family game night will definitely be a weekly event once my kids get older.
10. I love the smell of coffee, fresh cut grass, and after the rain. I hate candles that smell like food because then I want to eat that food!
Thank you for reading, and I can't wait to learn more about all of you!