Home About Me Freebies My Shop

Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Talk About Me Monday!



Hi all!  I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' as a part of their Teacher Week '13.  Here are 10 wildly wonderful things about me:

1.  I teach in a small town of around 3,000 people located in the thumb of Michigan.  If you hold up your hand, point to the middle of your thumb, that's me!  (How many of you just tried that? Haha!)

2.  I have an obsession with animal print...it just keeps coming back into my life!  I had a jungle themed bedroom when I was in high school, and now I have a jungle themed classroom that I absolutely love!

3.  I have been married for 3 years this year.  My husband, Trevor, and I just had our anniversary on the 6th of this month, but we have been in a relationship for 10 years this year.

4.  Just about every room in my house is painted some form of blue.  It's my favorite color...what can I say?

5.  I have two cats and a dog.  I am definitely an animal person!  I almost went into a science field working with animals --- marine biology, veterinarian, zoology were some of the careers I was considering before I considered teaching.

6.  This is my last year of graduate school before I receive my master's degree in Early Childhood teaching.  I am also in the process of receiving my ECSE endorsement.

7.  I love watching period films and TV shows about history!  Pride and Prejudice is the first one that comes to mind, along with The Tudors.  There's something fascinating about the story of King Henry VIII, his many wives, and his children.

8.  Along that note, if I could travel anywhere in the world it would be Scotland.

9.  I love to play games.  Family game night will definitely be a weekly event once my kids get older.

10.  I love the smell of coffee, fresh cut grass, and after the rain.  I hate candles that smell like food because then I want to eat that food!

Thank you for reading, and I can't wait to learn more about all of you!

4 comments:

  1. I hate candles that smell like food too...for that very reason!

    Like you, every year of teaching has been different for me. But I've jumped from 8th down to preschool.

    Preschool 4 was a great experience! 8th grade...not so much.

    Can't wait to see what you do in Prek!
    Nicolette
    The Classroom Creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through Blog Hoppin’ Teacher Week! The summer went too fast and I cannot believe it is that time of year again!

    Congrats on almost being finished with your Master's. I taught in NY at first and I had to get it within 5 years of graduating college or else I would have to apply for an extension and pay...now in VA you don't actually have to have one. Oh well, it was worth it though!

    Check out my Monday: Let’s Talk About the Teacher blog post!
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from MI as well...metro Detroit area. I am currently teaching ECSE and just finished my Masters in Early Childhood. It definitely can be challenging to teach, but it is also very rewarding when you see how much progress the kids make with you!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Michigan, too! I just spent the weekend in Port Austin! I am now spending the week in Oscoda! This will be my last hurrah before school starts! Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete